mercredi, novembre 08, 2006

M's aftrenoon naps

I can't believe it. This is the second day in a row where I have managed to get M to rest on my shoulder to fall asleep, and then I successfully placed her in her playpen for her nap. During yesterday's nap, she woke briefly & cried when I placed her in the playpen, but then settled down to sleep. Today she didn't wake and remained sleeping when I put her down. I hope this new trend will continue. I think I've found a sweet spot for her naps, right after her lunch around 12:30pm. Well we'll have to see whether I can get her to nap this way for the rest of the week. It's really too early to say... who knows, maybe these two days have been flukes.

Today, I am drinking Lupicia's 8516 Bravissimo tea. It's a pretty green tea with flower petals & fruit pieces. And it's yummy too! I'm doing pretty good with their teas so far, the only one which wasn't really my cup of tea was the darjeeling, but I think that had more to do with darjeeling type teas not being my thing rather than a negative comment about their tea. All their tea is of high quality.

M is trying to sing "twinkle twinkle little star" along with us. She says "aba" and "sky" when we sing "up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky..."

We went to the park yesterday. She's so funny. We start by spending 10-15 minutes in a swing. Then she wants me to pick her up. Then she points at the adjacent swing, indicating that she wants to swing in it. I'm thinking, "huh?" It's just like the swing I just took her out of! What's the difference? But M is funny that way. It's the same thing with the seesaw, she'll want to ride on one side, then she'll want the other side. We didn't have much fun on the slides yesterday. We would "stick" to the slide instead of sliding smoothly downwards. I think it had something to do with the weather, the cold, the fog, the moisture. So that wasn't too fun.

Well, I'm going to try to do a little knitting now that M is sleeping right now. She'll probably wake up in about 10 minutes. Give her a few minutes to slowly wake up, and then it'll be Wiggle time. Her favorite show is The Wiggles. I've got so many of the lyrics memorized now, and the tunes just run through my head even when I don't want them to. I'm currently working on another "mindless knitting" hat, and it is really mindless knitting, a simple checkerboard pattern with plain and seed stitch squares. I'm also working an a dishcloth which has Purl 2 Together through back loop, and I am reminded of while it has been almost two years since I last did a pattern with P2-tbl! And it is quite a biscuit to do in 100% cotton yarn....


.

Aucun commentaire: