dimanche, mars 04, 2007

Forward Facing

We switched M's car seat from rear-facing to forward-facing today. She was getting way too big/tall to get her into her car seat rear-facing. And she had been sticking her leg out towards the door to stretch out and I was always afraid of slamming the door on her foot. We tried out the new arrangement today. I think she enjoyed the new view. I can't see her as easily through the rear view mirror, partly because I'm short. When she was rear facing, I could somewhat see a reflection of her through a mirror we mounted onto the car's head rest.

We were trying to keep her rear facing as long as possible since I had heard that was much safer than front facing. We could have switched her over to front facing a long time ago, the only requirements in this country is 1 yr AND 20 pounds. She met the age requirements first, but not the weight. But we still did not switch her over when she finally met the weight requirement.

One thing I noticed was how much easier it was to get her into her car seat with the new arrangement. There is just more room to work with.

M has quite a learning curve now to avoid dropping things onto the car floor. Before, things would just get wedged by her foot against the vehicle seat, and she would use her feet to pick things up again. Well, now they will just roll off her seat and onto the floor (or vehicle seat). She'll have to learn that Mommy can't pick things up for her while driving.

Sorry, no photos of her in her new car seat arrangement yet. Didn't have the camera with me in the car. However I did take a couple shots of her using the cell phone camera. Unfortunately, I have no way of getting it off the camera and onto the computer...

.

Aucun commentaire: