vendredi, mars 30, 2007

Typical 2 yr old behavior



The photo above was taken when we visited the Cap Karma Ladies last week. You can read all about it here.

We've compared notes with Ashish (in North Carolina) and Saadia (in Sunnyvale), two people with toddlers around the same age. Both reported that their toddler does the same thing that M does! And all this time we had thought this behavior was just an M-ism...

Barking orders.
M has gotten very good at barking orders. Pointing at a location and telling someone to "sit". "Sit mama", "Sit gagm (grandma)", "Sit floor", "Sit Carpeh (carpet)", "Mama cheh (chair)". Demanding that something be fetched for her.

Saying "no" when they really mean "yes".
"Do you want some grapes?". "No". Take the grapes away, and you get borderline-about-to-cry protesting. "Do you want grapes?". "Uh" in affirmation.


I think there was something else, but I can't remember what it was. I'm sure it'll come back to me later...

1 commentaire:

V. a dit…

I just love that picture. I love how she's looking right into the camera with all her personality and how so much of mom is coming through.