mardi, septembre 27, 2005

Finding time to read

It's quite challenging to find time to read anything... books, magazines, whatever. Suzanne shared her tip for reading while taking care of her baby. She told me that she would bend back the covers and use a rubberband to keep all the pages back, leaving only about 10 pages free. She said it was easier to deal with 10 loose pages than a whole book of loose pages. This allowed her to hold the book in one hand (while holding baby in the other), and she could easily find her place in the book. She told me she managed to read 30 books in one year by this method. Hey, that's pretty cool!

At first I thought this was a great idea. However I don't think I can bring myself to mutilate a book by bending the spine, etc. I'm usually very careful with my books and keep them in pristine or near pristine condition. No bent pages. No cracked spine. No marks on the pages. Am I just being too anal?

I think I'm just going to have to put reading on the backburner, or accept reading at a much slower pace than my usual slow pace. My other alternative is to listen to audio books, converting them to MP3 so I can place them on my MP3 player to listen to while taking baby out for walks.


Or maybe I should just stick to watching TV and DVDs...



.

Aucun commentaire: