lundi, septembre 26, 2005

Reflections

I've discovered that mirrors and glass windows are my friend. They help me see what baby looks like (viz. whether she has her eyes open or closed) when I can't easily see for myself because she is looking away from me.

I used to take her out for walks in her stroller until I discovered the Baby Bjorn. Ever since she got used to being worn in the Baby Bjorn, she has hated being in the infant carrier for any extended length of time. I loved wearing her facing me. I loved looking down and seeing her look back up at me. Now that she's a little older and a little bigger, I put her in the Baby Bjorn front facing. I think she enjoys this as it affords her a better view of the world around her. She loves looking at everything. The downside is that I can never see what her facial expression is, or whether her eyes are open or closed. Now when we go out for walks I have started to use glass windows or car windows to get a glimpse of my baby girl, and also to straighten out her hat because it gets shifted as she turns her head.

When I am holding M over my shoulder and she has her face turned away from me, I use the reflection of a mirror or glass to see whether she is awake or whether her eyes are closed and she has fallen asleep.

M knows she can see a baby in the mirror (don't yet know whether she realizes it is herself), however I don't think she has caught on to the reflection on glass. She loves to look at herself in the mirror, she always greets the mirror-baby with a great big smile. She sometimes tals to the mirror-baby too! It's cute.



Aucun commentaire: