dimanche, septembre 25, 2005

Well ventilated car ride

I can't believe our car window is broken! We had parked the car down the street on Friday and had forgetten about this until this morning when we were about to go visit the inlaws. So I went to go fetch the car and drive it up to the house so we wouldn't have to lug M in her car seat to where the car was parked. It was a warm sunny day so the car was kinda warm inside. I decided to open both rear windows a crack to let it air out a bit as I drove back to the house. After pulling into our driveway, DH asked me to close both windows. The right (passenger) side rear window closed OK. The left (driver) side rear window would not go up when I pressed the "up" button. DH asked me to push it the other way, so I pushed it "down" and the window went down. Then I tried the "up" button again and it would not go up. Oh no! DH tried to manually pull the window up, it would kinda slide upwards, but then fall back down to the lowest open position. Sigh...

We ended up driving to the inlaws with the rear passenger side window down. Thank goodness it was a nice warm day. They live an hours drive away and it was certainly windy/noisy due to the open window, but it really wasn't too bad.


On the way home, M seemed to settle into a deep sleep pretty easily. We think it was the added "white noise" from the open window, plus the nice breeze coming in.


We are going to get the window repaired tomorrow. We had this problem with the rear passenger side window before, fortunately it was covered under warranty at the time. This time it won't be under warranty. :( We have discovered that this malfunctioning window is a known issue with Audi and VW vehicles. We've been shopping around for a new car, a stationwagon, for hauling M around and have decided to avoid Audi andVW wagons due to their reliability. We've looked at Consumer Reports ratings and they weren't that great. Besides, I DO NOT want an Audi even though they do make some nice looking wagons. The Audi climate control system drives me batty since it doesn't work in any logical fashion.

We gave my MIL her birthday present today. I made a point of using a minimal amount of tape as I wrapped the large box since I knew she likes to save gift wrap to reuse when she wraps her own gifts to other people. I only used three small pieces of tape, each piece no longer than an inch. I place one on the main side to secure the paper, then used one at each end. That's it! I think she was pleased with not having to carefully cut a lot of tape off. :)

M was on good behavior as usual. Not fussing much. Being cute. Letting grandpa hold her, and falling asleep in his arms! Showing off her new baby skill of sitting up while supporting herself with outstretched arms. Grandpa wanted to capture this on video but was a little late getting the camcorder; M was pooped out by the time he came back with it. Perhaps next time...



Aucun commentaire: